Full Price: $200
Growing in Grace: A Practice
Join Amy Nobles Dolan in this course designed to help you steadily develop PRACTICAL, ACCESSIBLE practices during a year of Growing in Grace. Seven months of practice will allow them to take deep root in your life. Not only will you finish this course with a more tangible, fruitful faith, you will have deeper self-understanding and more self-compassion. You will find yourself living and loving with more grace than you imagined possible.
With a handful of simple daily practices (students are asked to commit to practicing 3-5 days a week throughout this course), you can live a more graceful, spiritually enriched life.
- Moving your body (gentle yoga or other exercise of your choice)
- Mindful breathing
- Meditation and prayer
- Journaling and self-reflection based on assigned readings and prompts
- Connecting with a supportive community
- Observing one day of rest (sabbath) a week
“If you want to have a spiritual life, you must unify your life.
A life is either all spiritual or not spiritual at all.” – Thomas Merton
The focus of our practices during our time together will be ten, time-tested principles. The first five are proven to keep us in right relationship with ourselves, others, and God. The second five help us steer clear of the self-induced chaos we all bring to our lives when we aren’t mindful.
There is a physical component to these classes, but this is not an exercise class. We will be practicing VERY gentle yoga movements and stretches in order to learn how to coordinate movement and breath. You may choose yoga for your home practice or choose to apply the breath and focus skills that you will develop in this course to another form of movement.
Growing in grace is possible for all of us. The practices in this course will draw your spirituality into your everyday life so it supports every activity and relationship of your life. You will end these 23 weeks with practices in place to support your grace-full life for years to come.
Who is this course for?
Anyone who is looking for the grace …
- to find purpose and meaning in their life
- to deal with worry or anxiety
- to take better care of themselves – inside and out
- to improve the quality of their relationships
- to draw their spirituality into every aspect of their life
- to apply their spiritual beliefs in the real world
- to allow themselves to be less than perfect
- to allow others to think, act and feely differently than we do
- to operate from a place of love and connection in a world that seems determined to alienate and divide us
What does it involve?
- One 90-minute class a week for 23 weeks
- Fall 2022 – Spring 2023
- Thursday nights 6:30-8:00
- Students may attend in person at St. David’s or via Zoom
- Weekly reading
- Meditations from the Mat
- Faith With a Twist
- Various PDFs and podcasts
- A commitment to 3-5 days of individual, personalized practice (as defined by you) per week
- A commitment to observing 1 day a week of Sabbath / rest
What will I learn?
This course will help you put into place grace-filled practices that add a beautiful level of depth and meaning to your life. The practices offered will work with all levels of you: body, mind, and spirit. You will choose the formula that works best for YOU.
- Spiritual reading and Journaling
- Gentle, accessible yoga which can be translated into other forms of mindful movement
- Calming and Centering Breathing Practices
- Contemplative listening and sharing
Thursday Evenings 9/15/2022 – 5/4/2023
6:30-8:00 pm ET
(Student Rate: $160)