Ignatian Spiritual Exercises
What are the Ignatian Spiritual Exercises?
We can tone our spiritual “muscles” just as we work with our physical muscles on our yoga mats.
The Ignatian Spiritual Exercises are a 30-week intensive through which we explore our relationship with God and the choices we are making in life.
For the period of this Ignatian spirituality course, you commit to one-hour of prayer and meditation with provided materials six days per week. On the seventh day, you will meet with Amy for an hour to review your prayer times and to receive the materials for the coming week. Meetings can be held in person or via Zoom.
When is the “right time” to embark on the Exercises?
Ignatius of Loyola (1491-1556) wrote the Exercises, also known as the 19th annotation, to help people grow in relationship to God and to discern God’s will for them in their lives. They are profoundly helpful at any time, but especially when you are:
- Seeking greater meaning in your day to day life.
- Facing a major decision such as: a job change; a career change; relocation; a relationship change.
- Seeking healing from an emotional or spiritual wound (old or new).
- Navigating a spiritual or health crisis.
Why do the Exercises with Amy?
- Amy received certification to lead the Ignatian Exercises in 2019 from Moravian Seminary.
- Amy’s own experience with the Exercises (in 2014) was the single most transformative spiritual “moment” of her life and she is eager to continue to share them with others.
The standard fee is $60 per week but Amy offers a sliding scale so cost is not an obstacle to this life changing work.
Discover this ancient practice offering companionship and a deeper relationship with the spiritual aspect of being human
Faith With A Twist
Experience how prayer and practice can transform your spiritual life through the Faith With A Twist book and masterclass