Full Price: $125
A 5-week Exploration of the Real-Life Meaning within Patanjali’s Work
Join Amy Nobles Dolan as she unpacks the practical and pertinent meaning in one of yoga’s seminal texts, The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali. Written 2500+ years ago, it never ceases to amaze how applicable the teachings are to modern life. The Sutras contain a tried-and-true method for improving the way you experience your life – the peaks and the valleys, the storms and the blue-sky days.
These five 90-minute classes, each a mix of teaching and discussion, will be held by Zoom on Wednesday evenings. Recordings of the sessions will be available should you want to revisit the material or simply need to miss a class.
The Yoga Sutras are broken into four chapters or padas. Because of its jam-packed nature and the fact that it contains many of the aspects of yoga that we are most familiar with, we will spend two classes on Chapter 2 or Sadhana Pada. The remaining three chapters will be covered in one class each.
- Samadhi Pada (The Chapter about Samadhi or Clear Understanding)
- Sadhana Pada Part 1 (The Chapter about How to Practice)
- Sadhana Pada Part 2 (The Chapter about How to Practice)
- Vibhuti Pada (The Chapter about Yoga’s Superpowers)
- Kaivalya Pada (The Chapter about Freedom)
You will receive an outline before each session to facilitate notetaking. The sessions will be richer if you have read the material to be covered before each class.
Wednesday Evenings 4/14, 4/21, 4/28, 5/5, and 5/12/2021
6:30-8:00 pm EDT
* Eligible for 8 Continued Education credits through Yoga Alliance *
To maximize individualized attention, this course is limited to 8 students.
To enroll please email email@example.com